the dti invites you to apply to take part in the ninth Investment and Trade Mission to the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) scheduled to take place from 18-22 September 2017. The objective of this mission is to increase trade and investment between South Africa and the DRC. It is an ideal platform for South African companies who would like to export value added products and services and for companies who are looking for investment opportunities in the DRC.
The target sectors for this mission include:
- Agro-processing (Including: food and beverages as well as South African manufactured agricultural equipment);
- Infrastructure (rail, road and telecoms);
- Built environment professionals (consulting engineers, civil engineering contractors, quantity surveying and architects);
- Energy (oil, gas and renewable energy);
- Mining and capital equipment;
- Medical equipment: solutions and supplies (manufactured in South Africa); and
- Electro technical (electronics, electrical engineers)
Companies will be screened and selected in line with EMIA guidelines and market requirements, which are explained in the EMIA guidelines document. For the approved companies, the dti will provide:
- Daily hotel accommodation on a bed-and-breakfast basis;
- Economy class return airfare of up to a maximum of R17,000; and
- Freight / excess luggage of up to R2, 000.
Companies that are not eligible for EMIA funding are welcome to take part in this mission at their own expense. Companies applying for EMIA funding for this mission need to complete and submit the EMIA application form and the supporting documentation as listed in the guideline documents.
Utangamiri- the dti Group House,
Building A: Ground Floor
77 Meintjies Street
The closing date for receipt of application forms is 14 July 2017. Applications via e-mail will not be considered.
Click here to download the Group Outward Mission Guidline
Click here to download the Outwared Service Application Form
Click here to download the Official Invitation by the dti
For further information, please contact: